Leicester Society of Artists Annual Exhibition 2021 (4 November - 18 December)
Newarke Houses Museum, The Newarke, Leicester LE2 7BY
Please note - These terms, conditions and rules of exhibition have been reviewed for LSA Annual Exhibition 2022.
[Posted 1 August 2022]
• You are allowed to submit up to TWO artworks within the size limit (see below)
• All work must be an original creation by the artist
• All media are accepted, except for works requiring an electricity supply
• Work should be representative of your current artistic practice
• Only work not previously exhibited in Leicester may be submitted, except for work in a solo exhibition
Size Allowance - 2D Works
• ONE work - longest length (including frame) 1000mm
• TWO works - longest length (including frame) 500mm
Size Allowance – 3D Works
• Up to TWO works - maximum footprint of W 450 x D 450mm x H 450mm
If your work is oversize in any dimension, please contact The LSA Exhibitions Officer Elisabeth Naylor and soon as possible and before 30 September. Email - email@example.com
About 2D works
• Use only Mirror plates one-third of the way down each side of the frame. Fix as far out as possible to avoid damage to frames during hanging. Please cover screws with framer’s tape.
• Frames must be of a professional quality and mounts must be cleanly and professionally cut.
• The sides of box canvases and panels must be clean and well presented
• The top of abstract work must be clearly marked on the back of the work.
• Reproductions may not be substituted for an original work
About Sculpture/3D works
• Please enter clear METRIC dimensions for each 3D work on your Entry Form.
• Please notify us of works that require cases (eg. fragile works)
Unframed Print Editions
• Editions of prints shown in the exhibition may be ordered by visitors (subject to commission )
• State the price/number available for sale on the Entry Form
Sale of works - Commission
• Commission on all sales taken at the Museum- 42% total (35% commision + VAT)
• Photos of your work can be used for promotion of the exhibition by LSA and the Museum.
• Visitors are allowed to take photographs in the Museum without restriction. Copyright remains with the artist.
Information to follow
Please find the link to the exhibition online Entry Form in the email to LSA Members dated 31 July 2022. Full details about the information you need to prepare, and options for sending your entry form are here
Entry Fee £20 - (see email to LSA Members from Lis Naylor, LSA Exhibitions Officer sent 01.08.2022). £20 is payable for 1 to 2 works, subject to the size allowances given above.
Images of your work for the online catalogue - please upload these using the online Entry Form (see email to LSA Members from Lis Naylor, LSA Exhibitions Officer sent 01.08.2022)
Artist Statement - please provide this using the online Entry Form (see email to LSA Members from Lis Naylor, LSA Exhibitions Officer sent 01.08.2022)
Labels Sheet -Information to follow
Entry Form deadline– 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022 - firstname.lastname@example.org
Post - LSA Exhibitions Manager, Information to follow
Exhibition Fee deadline - 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022 - £20 for up to 2 works
Bank Transfer - HSBC 40-32-03, Account no 81061534, with Reference ‘ANNUAL 21 – Your Name’
Cheque – with your name on the back - Information to follow
Catalogue Images (all works) deadline– 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022, Information to follow
Artist Statements (optional) deadline – 5pm on Friday 30th September 2022. (100 words max) for online/social media use - Information to follow
Deliver your work to the museum - Monday 31st October 2022 between 10-12, Newarke Houses Museum
Newarke Houses Museum, The Newarke, Leicester LE2 7BY. TWO labels must be attached to each work - see Label Sheet for instructions
Exhibition Preview – Thursday 3rd November 2022 , 6.30 to 8.00pm
Meet the Artist Events -- more information to follow
Collect unsold works - Saturday 19th December between 10.30 – 12.30, Newarke Houses Museum, The Newarke, Leicester LE2 7BY.